Pancake Tuesday with a smile – #smileypancake
I started working in Mental Health Ireland last June and I haven’t looked back. It is a great organisation that promotes positive mental health in Ireland and provides training for people, community groups and workplaces about positive mental health.
We are running a fundraising campaign on Tuesday called the #smileypancake campaign.. you got it in one! We are asking every man, woman and child to put a smile on their pancake with whatever they like on Pancake Tuesday.
So this Tuesday I will be making pancakes galore in work and at home and will be using usual recipe for everyone else and a slimming world recipe for me.
There is no need to complicate matters when it comes to making the batter. Anyone can do it. Jamie Oliver reduced it to one tweet and this is the recipe I always use.. with a dash of water added.
- 1 x cup self raising flower
- 1 x cup milk
- 1 x egg
- Mix in mixer
- Dash of water once mixed and blend again
Or the Slimming World way – there are a few versions of pancakes doing the rounds but these look like the best option to me! This makes three pancakes.
- 35g of porridge oats
- 2 x beaten eggs
- 3 tsp of sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tblsp muller light yogurt – choose your fav flavour!
- 1 x tsp of baking powder (.5 syn for this and it’s optional… but worth it)
- Mix all ingredients in mixer.
- Pour 1/3 of your mixture onto a fry light sprayed hot pan
- When it bubbles flip it and repeat twice.
I hope wherever you are you can add a smile to your pancake on Tuesday and it provides a space to talk about mental health with your friends, colleagues and family.
All you have to do to participate is the following five steps:
- Make or buy your pancake – we won’t judge either way
- Make your pancake smile with nutella, peanut butter, bacon, smarties, jam, cream – the list is endless
- Take a photo of your #smileypancake before devouring it
- Upload it to your social media accounts – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or all three using the all important #smileypancake tag
- Text MHI to 50300 to donate €4 and tag others to do so or just let your followers know you have
Simples … and I hope you have lots of fun with this one!