Campfire Stew … Yeeeee Hawww!
Yet another firm favorite in our house is the Slimming World Campfire Stew. The taste appeals to the adults and the fact that the Cowboys and Indians eat it appeals to the smaller folk.
It does require a slow cooker but I am sure you can cook it in the oven – you’d need to check the times.
What you will need in the kitchen:
- 1 slow cooker
- 2 x forks
- 1 x small joint of bacon
- 1 x onion diced
- 1 x clove of garlic chopped
- 1 x packet of passatta
- 1 x tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 x tin of beans
- 1 x glug of worchester sauce (always good with tomato based sauces!)
- 1 x tblsp of smoked paprika
- 2 x large potatoes cubed (I didn’t add potatoes on this occasion)
The method is really really simple.
Place all ingredients into your slow cooker. Cook on low for 12 hours. Shred the bacon with two forks and mix it with the tomato sauce it’s cooked in. You can serve on a baked potato with green beans or with rice and corn on the cob…. whatever you like really.