Chilli Con Carne – Slimming World Style!
I love Chilli con Carne… my family not so much but seeing as I am the cook in the house it’s Chilli for dinner tonight!
This is simple and very tasty. In the kitchen you will need:
- Frying pan
- Sauce pan
- 1.5lbs of 5% fat minced beef
- 1 x red pepper
- 1 x onion
- 2 x cloves of garlic
- 2 x tsp of cumin powder (I add more but adjust to your taste)
- 1 x beef stock cube
- 1 x tsp of chilli flakes – add more or chop up real chilli peppers if you like it spicy
- 1 x tin of kidney beans
- 2 x tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1 x tblsp of tomato puree
- 2 x tblsp of Worchester Sauce (I didn’t have any so used Balsamic)
Let’s get cooking…
- Spray your frying pan with a good bit of Fry Light.
- Add your chopped onion and garlic.
- Once onion is softened then add your mince and cook till it’s brown.
- Then add two tins of tomatoes, tomato puree, cumin, chilli flakes, crumble your beef stock into it and add your worchester – or balsamic in my case!
- Cook for 25 mins on a low heat.
- Add the chopped peppers, kidney beans (drain the water they come in first) and cook for a remaining 10 mins.
Serve with rice or a baked potato and a blob of natural yogurt with a sprinkle of paprika on top. And it wouldn’t be chilli without a sprinkling of cheddar cheese (30g is your healthy extra A for the day)
This freezes really well and also tastes great heated up the next day for lunch.